The Proper Way:
There are proper and improper ways of earning titles in all practices.
Earning a High Priestess, Priestess, High Priest, Priest title can NOT be done in anything less than 13-15 yrs (For Priestess/Priest) and another 13-15 yrs (For High Priestess/Priest). and yet another 13-20 yrs (For Crone).
That is just how it is. Two, five, seven years in some online college (or reading some books, blogs, or any online information) does not make you a Priestess/Priest or High Priestess/Priest. This is just one of the many reasons that the Ancient practitioners are moving away from Paganism and or the terminology.
Not to mention why Ancient practitioners are so tight lipped about sharing their practices and traditions with new people, because of the over use, misuse, and on and on.
All these people who think that two, five, seven years can replace decades of study, practice, and research. It can't and never will. In all honesty? Someone thinking that after anything less than the required number of years makes them equal to practitioners that have been studying and practicing for decades (or their entire lives) is an insult. A Great Insult at that.
The reason I say this is because those of us that have dedicated our lives to studying and practicing have busted our butts to get where we are. How is it fair, hell even right to call some child that's spent 2-10 yrs studying and practicing, and think they are a High Priestess?
While we spent 20-25 yrs studying and practicing, after 13-15 yrs you earn your Priestess title, then another 13-15 yrs for your High Priestess title, and yet another 13-20 yrs for Crone. Some little kid with not even a quarter of these experiences, practices, studying and learning rivals us? You have lost your mind.
While we spent 20-25 yrs studying and practicing, after 13-15 yrs you earn your Priestess title, then another 13-15 yrs for your High Priestess title, and yet another 13-20 yrs for Crone. Some little kid with not even a quarter of these experiences, practices, studying and learning rivals us? You have lost your mind.
If you find this offensive I apologize, but as a High Priestess that has been studying and practicing her entire life (almost from the instant I was born).
I have to say this, I would be doing a dis-service if I did not. I'm not being snobby, elitist or anything else. I am simply telling the facts and how it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment